Validated Outcomes Measures are an effective means to deliver high quality improved patient Care in a cost effective manner. In the past, the Randomized Control Prospective Study has been considered the standard for validating treatment. Unfortunately, this is extremely expensive and time consuming; also answering limited questions per study. "Outcomes" has unfortunately become a catch phrase and marketing tool instead of being used appropriately. Unfortunately most Physicians, Patients and overseeing entities do not understand its use or effectiveness.
- True Outcomes Measures are collected directly from patients and not their treating physicians.
- Only statistically Validated Measures should be used. Personally derived questionnaires may appear valid, but without rigorous evaluation may not be an accurate reflection of Patient Outcome.
- Data needs to be collected minimizing office interference and Patient Care, while maintaining low cost.
- Three components are essential in true Validated Outcomes Measures:
- Patient Derived Outcomes Measures
- Patient Demographics
- Physician Information regarding Treatment, Complications, etc.
We have built an effective means to achieve these ends in a secure environment with our own software development Ekiosk© which is Kiosk based software which can collect any outcomes measure using a simple intuitive interface and Patient Credentials for security. Since year 2000, we have collected data on our patients for internal use and patient improvement with thousands of tracked visits.
This is what true Patient Outcomes should be to be useful and effective in improving Patient Care and lowering the cost of treatment. Please view an Article Abstract Authored by Dr. Goldstein on Validated Outcomes Measures in Clinical Practice: